Several of our members are interested in teaching outside the regular guild classes and workshops. Please contact them directly for more information.
- The Yadkin Valley Fiber Center 919-260-9725
- Focus: Instruction in Beginning weaving. I love to share and see others experience weaving. My beginning class focuses on a sound foundation of the basics of weaving. I teach "Over and Under" a class for learning on four harness floor looms and "Up and Down" on the rigid heddle loom.
- You may register for my classes through The Triangle Weavers Guild or The Yadkin Valley Fiber Center https://yadkinvalleyfibercenter.org
- You are also welcome to contact me directly.
- firstname.lastname@example.org. 919-301-8778
- Focus: Get Your Warp On , A Beginners Weaver Course, emphasizes mastering warping techniques and loom mechanics. It can also serve as a refresher for the weaver returning to weaving or moving from rigid heddle to greater numbers of harnesses. Back to front warping of loom is practiced over three quick simple projects. Each project requires winding a warp of its own and each warp uses a different size yarn and fiber. The final lesson includes reading drafts and planning a project for independent use of techniques learned.
- Register for Get Your Warp On through the Triangle Weavers Guild class offerings schedule.
- Individual instruction in my studio is available for beginning weavers who have their own looms and desire weekday scheduling or a slower pace to complete projects, or just need a short refresher on processes.
- www.saorisong.com (512) 924-1136
- Focus: Saori Song Weaving Studio(one of a handful of certified Saori teaching studios in the U.S.) welcomes you! Located in Chapel Hill, NC, individual and small group classes are taught M-F by appointment (10-4). Looms are set up and ready for weaving, with adaptive devices for persons of all ages, abilities, and levels of mobility. A full line of Saori looms, yarns and equipment are available for purchase or for ordering.
- Check the Learning/Classes & Workshops page for an upcoming class that she is teaching.
- email@example.com (571) 327-6489
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/weaverbeaverweaving
- Website: www.noelani-jones.squarespace.com
- Focus: teaching beginning weavers basic weaving techniques at the Forge Makerspace in Greensboro, NC on Nov 30th or Dec 16th. Especially interested in individuals curious about how cloth is made or wanting to weave with yarns. Noelani believes anyone can be a weaver and anything can be a thread.
- Register online for "Learn to Weave" class at app.getoccasion.com/xp/ktlfvXc3
- firstname.lastname@example.org 919-490-6445
- Website: www.warpandbytedesigns.com
- Focus: teaches all levels of weaving, specialty: complexity on 8 or fewer shafts, color, combining handwoven and commercial fabrics into one of a kind clothing
- Check the Learning/Classes & workshops page for an upcoming class that she is co-teaching
- email@example.com 919-427-4680
- Website: www.woventranslations.com
- Mary is available to teach classes and offers private lessons in her studio at Artspace in Raleigh, NC. She can be found weaving and dyeing at her studio at Artspace in Raleigh. She specializes in woven shibori, ikat, beginning weaving and weaving journals. Check out her website for her class offerings.
- Check the Learning/Classes & Workshops pages for upcoming classes that she is teaching or co-teaching
- firstname.lastname@example.org 919-469-2584
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/LambOnTheLoom
- Website: www.lambontheloom.com
- Focus: teaching beginning and intermediate weavers in private or semi-private lessons. Especially interested in making weaving a fun, efficient, and stress-free process. Classes and workshops tailored to the students’ particular needs and interests. Classes include Weave a Sample: Beginning Weaving, Weave a Scarf, Color Gamp Towels, and Doubleweave Overshot Mug Mats
- Register online for a class at https://www.lambontheloom.com/store/c9/Classes.html OR contact Pattie directly to arrange custom classes. Coming up next: Weave a Sampler: A Beginning Weaving Class in January, 2020 - FILLED